Blog Post Title : Te Reo, Term 4 2016. 0
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that a
- Marae is a place where people get looked after.
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marea is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
It is a custom way of doing things.
To welcome others on to a marae.
People who are connected to a marae.
People visiting a marae.
Gives you somewhere to stay.
It means connection or belonging
Care for someone.
Loving and caring for others.
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marae is.................
- How many people can stay at a marae.