Tuesday 14 March 2017

Leadership Article

In writing I have been learning to:
  • use all basic punctuation independently
  • attempt more complex punctuation (eg semicolons, colons, parentheses)


I have been especially focussing on using parentheses and commas. I have highlighted these in green where I have used them as well as other punctuation that I changed because it was used incorrectly. Here is a piece of my writing that shows this.

Brooks Leadership Draft 28/2/17
Head Peer Mediator

Leadership is a skill of being able to motivate people/teams to work towards a goal. The 6 leadership traits are Integrity, motivational, trustworthy, resilient, goal focused and Active thinker. My key leadership role this year is Head Peer Mediator and my role is to make sure that peer mediators show up on time.

Motivational is when you encourage someone to do something. Bill gates is and great role model of this because he motivated his workers and himself to work hard and get the job done. The best thing to have in a motivational person is because if you felt moopy then a person will come and motivate you to feel happy. You can demonstrate by not feeling like it is not fun, it doesn't have to be fun you just have to act happier so kids will come and help you. Being motivational is great but another trait is being Trustworthy.

Trustworthy is great because you need to be a trustworthy to not tell anyone. Sir Edmund Hillary was trustworthy because he said he would climb mt Everest and he did so he kept his word. This is important because if they can't trust you they won't want to come to you for help. I can demonstrate this by keeping the problem to myself and not telling anyone. All the leadership traits are important and one of them is Integrity.



Integrity is a great skill to have of being honest and fair. A leader that has shown this is Bill Gates because he was honest and fair when he was playing with his little sister when he was young. This is very important because you have, to be honest and fair and not take sides even if you know the person is right. I will demonstrate this by not taking sides when I am on duty, and I won't say oh yeah that sounds right so that is right

In order to be a good Head Peer Mediator, I need to demonstrate effective leadership traits and work hard to do these well. So being a leader is not about bossing people around it is about working as a team and not taking sides, and showing all the leadership traits I am going to be a good Head Peer Mediator who is an effective leader.




No comments:

Post a Comment